Marshall Ryan Maresca’s The Thorn of Dentonhill was a really entertaining fantasy novel, and so it’s with great pleasure that I’m pleased to announce a giveaway for his upcoming novel, A Murder of Mages, courtesy of Daw!
A Murder of Mages marks the debut of Marshall Ryan Maresca’s novels of The Maradaine Constabulary, his second series set amid the bustling streets and crime-ridden districts of the exotic city called Maradaine. A Murder of Mages introduces us to this spellbinding port city as seen through the eyes of the people who strive to maintain law and order, the hardworking men and women of the Maradaine Constabulary.
Satrine Rainey—former street rat, ex-spy, mother of two, and wife to a Constabulary Inspector who lies on the edge of death, injured in the line of duty—has been forced to fake her way into the post of Constabulary Inspector to support her family.
Minox Welling is a brilliant, unorthodox Inspector and an Uncircled mage—almost a crime in itself. Nicknamed “the jinx” because of the misfortunes that seem to befall anyone around him, Minox has been partnered with Satrine because no one else will work with either of them.
Their first case together—the ritual murder of a Circled mage— sends Satrine back to the streets she grew up on and brings Minox face-to-face with mage politics he’s desperate to avoid. As the body count rises, Satrine and Minox must race to catch the killer before their own secrets are exposed and they, too, become targets.
- Must have a US mailing address; no PO Boxes
- Must provide mailing address if chosen as a winner, which will be sent to the publisher for shipping and not retained by me
- Comment on this post to enter; must provide valid contact info in the comment in case you win
- Limit of 1 (one) entry per person
- Giveaway closes at 11:59 PM, PST, Sunday June 21, 2015
- Winners will be drawn and announced on Monday June 22, 2015
I’ve got high hopes for this novel, and I’ll be reviewing it later next week!